Wednesday 14 September 2011

Scrap For Help September Challenge

I am playing along again this month with the gorgeous ladies over at Scrap For Help. The challenge this month is to create a layout inspired by spring. And as always, with a focus on recycling. I had such fun creating this layout although it was a but of a mammoth effort. This is actually my first ever work on canvas. It was so nice not to have to worry about my paper buckling when adding art mediums!

So, my entire background has been created from a magazine. I normally drop all my read magazines in my local charity bin but had held onto this particular mag as it had the most wonderful photo shoot of Jessica Stam draped in tie dyed fabric which was just magical! I'm so glad I kept it now! The color palette I have chosen, pink and purple, isn't really used for boys but I thought if you can ever get away with it, you can when you layout is inspired by spring! I also figure, in the spirit of recycling, I have now used up all my purple and pink bits from my stash that I probably would have never otherwise used! Oh, and yes my baby is a "Spring" baby, he was just short of being born on the first day of spring which is September 1st. He was born at 7pm on September 2nd!





The magazine I used ....



8 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeee the flowers and the butterflies! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is fantastic... love all of it.. the only thing is i wish i could see it in real life.. i bet it is even better... well done on doing a canvas, and using the bits of papers.. they are placed beautifully for a arty yet soft layout of your little sleeping cherub.. i love this..

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow fantastic texture and colours .... awesome work Georgia.. hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Georgia,
    Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving me your sweet comment:):) Your blog is beautiful and I cannot believe you have only been scrapping for a short time....gorgeous work xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning and sweet page you have made cool recycle stuff to.
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so strange to hear that September is your spring as it is autumn for us in Greece! You did a wonderful job with the mag and all the mediums!!! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, this is just beautiful. I loooove that photo and the details and colors are just magical.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is fantastic! Love everything about this!!! Tks. for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete