Monday 4 March 2013

Paper Craft Expo Melbourne


Hi everyone :) Back home after a 4 day marathon at the Papercraft Expo in Melbourne. All I can say is WOW! As someone who had never been to an expo, taught a class or even taken one, it was an incredible experience. A steep learning curve for me but one I am very thankful for. I learnt so much about this industry, the people who love papercraft and most importantly just how much work goes on to produce an event like this and especially those who teach.

My classes all went well and the ladies that took all my classes were just so lovely and very patient with my unexperienced self. Behind the scenes..well everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. I was sooo thankful to be travelling with the gorgeous Gillian Lester who prevented me for from having a complete nervous breakdown when things went astray. I did 3 classes for the full 3 days and a day before hand setting up and madly trying to pack kits for my lessons. I don't think I was physically prepared for just how exhausting 6am-6pm going full stop would be and by day 4 had hit the floor ( literally!) after only managing 6.5 hours sleep for the previous 3 days and only 2 half hour breaks all day with no time to eat something decent and be able to unwind a bit.

I got to meet an amazing bunch of ladies who's work I admire so much and had been dying to meet. They were all so lovely and I wish I had the opportunity to meet them in less stressful circumstances when my anxiety wasn't running at an all time high lol. Next time I do an expo I really would love to be on the other end. As someone who can shop, meet people and there are definitely a few teachers out there who's classes I would love to be able to take.

I promised the ladies from my class to post up photos of the projects I taught and a step-by-step for the last few pages of the mini album we created. Well my laptop died during transit to Melbourne ( yes this was an expensive trip to say the least lol) which has all my photos and steps on it, so once it has seen the IT doctor I will get those posted to my blog.

 I didn't even really get a chance to take photos but I did manage to get this one of Gillian & I on the last day before we started...



So I am now off to soak my blistered swollen feet and catch up on some calories ( I think I have lost a few kilos which is not a bad thing lol). 

Take care
G xox

11 comments:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful time though, even if it was totally exhausting! I am looking forward to brissy in June!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a great class Georgia, we wouldn't have guessed it was your first time running classes, you did a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that your classes went well! They can be quite stressful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazingly fresh in this photo, what an experience now I hope your store reaps the benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad to hear u survived!!!
    rest up and enjoy a break :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I for one enjoyed your class on Saturday and loved the layout I produced. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to hear how it all went...better busy than hanging around bored, eh???!!!!! Bad luck about the computer...that would be v annoying & I hope this is the first of many teaching gigs...can't wait to have a peek at those pics....hope you're having time to unwind now:):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so wish I was able to make the expo. I'd luv to meet u one day! Maybe next year! It sounds like u were crazy busy. Glad u enjoyed it though and I have no doubt everyone loved Ur class!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so wanted to get there to Georgia but could'nt cause of work! glad it went well for you, I would love to have done your class and met you cheers Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was great to meet you and I enjoyed your class on Friday. My mother loved the layout i made in your class as I put my mothers wedding photo on the page. Thanks so much for taking the time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was so lovely to meet you and have a little chat between your classes. You are amazing, I don't know if I could have managed 3 classes back to back my first time around!! Loved seeing your gorgeous creations up close.. your work is absolutely stunning!! ♥

    ReplyDelete